‘NAME THE BABY’ COMPETITION Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these terms and conditions. By entering this promotion you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
2. This promotion is being run by The Vege Chip Company (ABN 18 422 796 086) of 21 Villiers Drive, Currumbin Waters QLD 4223 Australia ("Promoter").
3. The promotion starts at 9:00 am AEST on 1 August 2023. Entries close and must be received by 11.59 pm AEST on Oct 31 2023 ("Competition Period").
4. The time of entry will, in each case, be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
WHO CAN ENTER?
5. Entry is open to all residents of Australia. However, employees and their immediate families of The Vege Chip Company, Currumbin Wildlife Hospital and Thrive pr + communications and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
6. If you are under the age of 18 years you must have parental/guardian consent to enter. The parent/guardian agrees to these terms and conditions of the promotion.
HOW DO YOU ENTER?
7. To enter, you must, during the promotion period:
a. Purchase a newly designed Vege Chips multipack and scan the QR code to be taken to the competition landing page OR visit the competition landing page on the Vege Chips website.
b. Once on the landing page, complete all required details including your suggested animal baby name and tell us in 25 words or less why you have selected that name. The competition will be judged by Thrive PR and entries will be assessed based on their creative merit. This is a game of skill, not a game of chance.
8. Any entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party will be invalid.
9. Entries that are incomplete, incorrect or illegible will be deemed invalid.
10. All entries and the intellectual property in them become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter may use any content (in whole or in part) from the entries including reproducing (in any media and with or without accreditation as to the author) the response to the questions in promotion, marketing or other materials. The Promoter may authorise others to use any of the rights which it maintains as owner of the intellectual property in the entries.
11. Each entrant warrants to the Promoter that its entries are the original work of the entrant and that the exercise by the Promoter of its rights will not breach the rights of any other person.
12. Only one entry per person will be valid.
PRIZES AND JUDGING
13. There is one (1) prize to be won over the promotional period. The winner will receive one year’s supply of Vege Chips, consisting of 4 x boxes (144 x 21g packs), 2 x 8 pack cartons of Vege Rice crackers (192 x 21g packs) and 6 x Original Deli (30 x 100g packs) = 366 days of Vege Chips. The winner will also receive 1 x Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary Prize Pack, which includes 1 x family pass (2 x adults & 2 x children) to Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary. The winner will also have their name engraved into a paver that will appear at Currumbin Wildlife Hospital’s ‘Walkways for Wildlife’.
14. The total prize pool value is AU$681.76.
15. The prize will be awarded to one (1) entry as chosen by the judges at Thrive pr based on the entrants creativity.
16. The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. The winner will be notified in writing via the email address provided upon entry within two (2) weeks of the competition’s completion (Oct 31 2023), and asked to respond with their delivery address and contact information to receive their prize.
18. If a prize remains unclaimed after five (5) days, or a winner is disqualified in accordance with these terms and conditions, the prize will be forfeited and distributed at our discretion.
19. The winner will also be announced in a social media post on the Vege Chips social channels.
21. The prize will be delivered to the address provided.
22. You are only eligible to win one (1) prize. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw a prize if there are no eligible entrants to receive that prize.
23. By accepting a prize, you agree to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing activities relating to the prize including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. We reserve the right to use your comments, image
and name for advertising and publicity purposes in any media in perpetuity without compensation.
24. A prize, or any unused portion of a prize, cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
25. Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions, the winner is responsible for all other expenses (if applicable) including flights, spending money, meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers (unless specified), laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, taxes, energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges, and all other ancillary costs.
26. The prize is only available to residents of Australia. The prize may not be combined with any other voucher or offer.
27. 1 x family pass to Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary is valid until 1.9.2023, no extensions given,
Including no extensions due to COVID-19 will be permitted.
28. We reserve the right, at any time, and in our sole discretion to;
a. request entrants to provide proof of identity and/or proof of valid entry
b. disqualify any entrant who we have reason to believe has breached any of these conditions or engaged in any unlawful or other improper conduct or any conduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion.
29. The Promoter will not be liable for any prize that may be lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way after it leaves our possession.
30. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
31. If the prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) for a prize greater or equal monetary value and/or specification.
32. If for any reason, we are not able to conduct the promotion as planned, including due to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, any technical difficulties or any other causes beyond our control, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, we reserve the right in our sole discretion to take any action that may be available.
33. We exclude all warranties in relation to the quality, suitability or merchantability of a prize, except those that cannot be excluded by law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the promoter or its employees or agents for breach of any rights a consumer may have which are unable to be excluded under Australian Law, is limited to the payment of the costs of having the prize supplied again.
34. To the extent permitted by law, we are not liable for any loss (including indirect and consequential loss) or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the promotion including the supply of goods or services by any person to the prize winners, and where applicable to any persons accompanying the prize winners. We accept no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning the prize.
35. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook Inc. You are providing your information to the promoter and not to Facebook Inc. The information provided will only be used for this promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this promotion should be directed to us and not to Facebook Inc. The Promoter releases Facebook Inc. from each entrant into the promotion.
36. By entering this promotion, you agree that we may use the personal information we collect from you:
a. to conduct this promotion, including determining and notifying the winners and disclosing that information to prize suppliers; and
b. for future marketing purposes in any media, including contacting you after this promotion ends,